Crime Prevention for Outbuildings, Garages & Sheds
With several crimes reported since the start of the year in and around Bristol, the Police have been offering crime prevention advice to reduce break ins, theft of power tools and garden machinery.
If you live in Clifton, Temple Meads, Leigh Woods, Stoke Bishop or near Bristol City Centre you can play your part by reporting any suspicious vehicles or persons. Descriptions and registrations of vehicles are key in reporting any unusual activity happening in your area of Bristol.
During autumn and winter, the local police expect to deal with more thefts from outbuildings, gardens, garage and shed break-ins, due to the darker evenings.
As experienced locksmiths in Bristol
, our top tips for preventing crime this time of year are:
- Keep your outbuildings, garages and sheds locked securely
- Secure access to your driveway and property by locking gates
- Use strong anchorage points for bicycles, mowers and high value tools
- Consider adding a security alarm to your outbuilding, shed or garage
- Join the local police team messaging service
- Keep up to date with the latest news by regularly checking Avon and Somerset Neighbourhood Watch Association
Get ready for winter and let us help you fix jammed locks, add new locks
, improve window locks and generally check your property’s locks are up to the required level for insurance companies. Call us today at City Locksmiths Bristol for free home security advice.
Back to recent news
Please click on an image to enlarge it